Before you decide to grab some popcorn and slurpee at the moves, let’s explore what is really in popcorn?
Here is a list of some of the ingredients:
– Genetically modified corn
– Partially hydrogenated soybean oil
– Artificial butter flavour: Diacetyl and Acetoin
All of which have been found to cause DNA damage, abnormal cell growth and inflammation. No thanks!
So here is an alternative that you can sneak into the movies (well that’s what I do anyway).
There is nothing better than crunchy cheesy kale chips while watching a movie.
Warning: the following product is very addictive!
- 1 bunch of kale (tear leaves off stem, wash & dry)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1/4 cup savoury yeast flakes
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Dash of chilli flakes, salt & pepper
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 130 degrees.
2. In a blender combine garlic, cashews, savoury yeast flakes, lemon juice, chilli flakes, salt & pepper, until smooth.
3. Coat kale leaves with mixture. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, then flip the leaves over for another 10 minutes until crunchy.
What you’ll need: